Tuesday, July 31, 2018

back for the burn! )'(

Joel and I returned home to MN to attend the local burn(ing man) in July.  But as things panned out, we were able to leave the SW near the end of May and stay many weeks!
After a few days being back with family we surprised in WI, we ventured over unannounced to my parent's place in MN, trusting they hadn't caught wind of our return yet (and assuming we could crash there for a while)!  we arrived to another empty house, but there were signs they hadn't ventured far.  minutes later they pulled in, my dad stopping to park the truck before reaching his usual spot in the driveway.  My mum jumped out to hug us and wrap her head around us standing there.  we stayed there for several days, until one evening we received a call from Joel's aunt, asking if we'd be interested in helping them with a big project, that they would pay us for.   It sounded like a great idea!  So back over to WI we went! We helped pack up and clean out their house so they could put it on the market to sell.  They fed us everyday, we all had some fun quality time together, we were pleased as punch with everything that got done, and they paid us to boot  😁

Anne ❤
The evening after House-Work project was over, we went to a fundraiser party in Mpls where our friend Anne, a massage co-worker of mine, was probably going to show up.  she didn't know we were going to be there.  She did indeed attend.  Sneaking up behind her at the entrance was awesome.  seeing her reaction was priceless, and I giggled so much about it all night long!  I couldn't stop relishing her shock, and our happy reunion.   I also walked on stilts for the first time, (did pretty good! I had nice teachers :), watched pet scorpions, made some new friends, and danced my butt off.

As it turned out, we practically lived at Anne's home in St. Paul for much of the time we were in town, which was fantastic.  We did many fun things with her 10 yr young daughter, milla, and Anne's hubby.  Jake is an avid pedal biker., so they happened to have 2 extra bikes around 😄  we all went on rides together, jumped on Milla's trampoline, played badminton, slept outside in their gazebo many nights, and went camping- back at the lake we got married at last July.  Some of Joel's family joined us there as well.

Logan and Milla (floatie time!!)
One evening Joel pre-made some sourdough pizza crusts and we tried cooking them over the campfire for the first time- HFSB!!!!!  IT WAS SO GOOOOOD  👍👍👍  HANDS-DOWN THE BEST pizza i've ever had.  Joel is amazing with his sourdough skills.  The following day was particularly windy.  after a yummy campfire breakfast, we decided to play with this to our advantage.  We blew up and packed in a bunch of floatie toys, drove our truck over to the park on the opposite side of the lake and most-leisurely floated our way back over to our campsites via the wind.  Twice we did this!  It was seriously the most fun swimming and chilling and laughing on the lake that I've had in a little while.
The in-between times had us whipping water balloons at each other with Milla, swaying softly in hammocks near the water's edge, hula hooping, and setting one of mine on fire at night. 


A couple weeks after Anniversary Camp-Out, I went back to work!  seeing some of my massage clients from the 8 year practice I left behind.  I had no idea how wonderful it would be to catch up with these folks.  A few of them came to see me twice within the 3 week period I made myself available!  It was a happy reunion with each of them.  And fun to give a bunch of massages again.  (I only do a little bit for fun on the side since we left MN.)  I also have to throw in my BIGTIME kudos to my sweet friends Charlee and Peter.  They bought our Prius from us just before we left MN last November.  And they let me use the car for practically the WHOLE TIME I was home!  i cannot say just how wonderful it was to have it, especially allowing me to see clients while Joel stayed in WI to do his own things.  I am endlessly thankful to them for being so generous on our first return trip back home.  it just made it all the more abundant! 


Deborah spinning poi

Between going back to some work, getting out to dance, Frisbee golf, bowling, throwing Kubb (yard game), picking wild strawberries, finding mushrooms, swimming, gazing at pretty flowers and gardens, and a quaint little memorial to Larry Harvey, throw our various event projects into the mix, and we stayed pretty busy, and had such fun!

Joel and his bro, Jeremy, cut and decorated some bonfire burning barrels for our camp and others.  And I have a little gig/experience I provide all my own, as well as portapotty decorating.  We, along with Anne, and about 10 other peeps, are all part of a "theme camp" called Camp Antisocial.  Anne and I plan out the meals we share in as a camp, organize various community events hosted in our space, and this year we threw a Halloween party.  The whole weekend in mid July was again and as always amazing.  all I can say other than that, is i'm endlessly tickled to be part of this collective of wacky and genius ppl.  I look forward to it every single year.  One of these times we'll make it to the AZ one that goes down in the Spring.  (I find i don't take many pictures at burns.  I borrowed a couple from a friend tho and have included them in a montage toward the end of this blog.) 




Only a couple days after it was over, we spent one night with our wiener-dog friends who are planning to embark on their own new RV adventure in the Fall!  We got to see their rig, trade some camper tips, and we're so thrilled for the adventure their going to soon embark on!  A day after that, we had to start driving back to Sedona (for the new jobs awaiting us).

I didn't get to meet up and visit with everyone I wanted to.  we we'll be back another time tho... definitely again next July!

a BIG Thank you to everyone who opened their home to us, shared meals, made time, and helped us out with anything we needed while we were back.  it was wonderful!!  we love you all so much. 

until next time,
Tallyho! ~



our favorite lake/Heaven in WI  








No comments:

Post a Comment