Tuesday, November 14, 2017

BLAST OFF!!

October 31st...
was our last day in our apartment in Richfield, MN.

I LOVE Halloween.  In fact, last year was THE BEST ONE OF MY LIFE!  so far.  Joel and I made some incredible costumes that totally weirded out, frightened, and intrigued people in a way that delighted me to my core.  It was amazeballs.  This year's holiday was a complete contrast, as we spent it scrubbing and cleaning out our city home, whilst moving our pared-down belongings into the 5th wheel RV parked in the driveway.

From here, we trucked our rig 40ish miles north to my parents house, kinda out in the boonies, where we got ready to go up North deer hunting with my father.  We had a wonderful weekend catching up with family we see seldom throughout the year, and a safe hunt, yielding us 6 critters total from our whole party.  Joel and I got to bring one home for ourselves.

He and my father processed the deer one evening, saving the hide, and stocking up our tiny, little camper freezer with venison.  He also made jerky the following day, and I sold my car.  The weather had turned very cold, the wind biting and uncomfortable the morning we packed in and prepared our RV & truck for leaving MN on Friday, Nov. 10th.  We were very eager and ready to get heading south finally!!!



Our first stop was 222 miles away, spent overnight in Waterloo, Iowa, with my dear friend/best lady from my wedding, Callie, and her family.  We slept inside her (warm!) house then took off again at 10am on Saturday morning.  Next stop: Kansas.




No comments:

Post a Comment